Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quick and dirty update

It's been a busy few days.    Between last Thursday night and Friday dawn Susana, Danny, Carla, and accompanying parties arrived and as part of the activities planned we went to Rustica on the Cost Verde beach for the lunch buffet.

From there we went downtown to show our guests the city center and the catacombs under the monastery of San Francisco de Asis.  That was followed, late in the evening, by taking in the floor show at Brisas del Titicaca.  Brisas is a Lima institution.  For decades it has offered a polished show of regional Peruvian music and dances, and a good dance band as well.   Peruvians of all ages go to the show and love to take their foreign guests there.

Unfortunately,  something from that damned buffet got to a couple of us.  In my case it manifested itself at Brisas in the form of nausea, followed by projectile vomiting  - fortunately in the restroom.   I went home and spent the rest of the night puking my guts out, which left me terribly sore all over my body.

Luckily, I have the sort of constitution which allows me to expel the bad and be OK the next day, which -even though still delicate- allowed me to enjoy the festivities around Sara's wedding this weekend.

More on that later.

No comments: