Thursday, July 13, 2023

La Mar Cebicheria

 

My plane landed shortly after 4 in the morning, which was a great time as I was able to pretty much breeze through immigration --which can sometimes take a long time, depending on the number of flights arriving in a given hour.  Then, I could get myself settled into the apartment, grab some breakfast --coffee and pan con chicharron, of course-- at a local cafe, get some grocery shopping done, and obtain a local SIM card, and still have a full day ahead of me in which to enjoy being back.

I then headed for lunch to La Mar cebicheria in Miraflores.  Over the last couple of trips this has become a first-day-back ritual for me, with the taste of cebiche serving as a sort of I-really-am-in-Peru marker.

 


  
 

 Naturally, I started with a pisco sour.

 

And, then, since they had urchin available, I went for a Callao-style mixed seafood cebiche with urchin roe.

 

And finished with a pescado a lo macho - fried fish filet topped with a spicy seafood sauce.



Thus fueled, I then continued with my errands for the day.



No comments: