Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Monterey

On Saturday afternoon we headed off to a more leisurely time at Monterey, just outside of the city of Huaráz, for a well-earned soak in the waters of a mineral-rich natural hot spring.

Pali, Mito, and Rafaela

Diego

Monterey is a favorite attraction in the region, as well as the site of a well-known hotel of longstanding, the Hotel Monterey. I stayed at the hotel back in 1973 or 1974 on a trip there with my mother, my brother, my grandmother who was visiting from the United States, and -I think- my infant sister Cristy. We had a great time then, lolling in the hot water in the evenings before dinner.

This time, though we couldn't use the hotel pool and thus went to the public pool next to the hotel, it still brought back pleasant memories of that long-ago trip.

No comments: