Friday, June 27, 2008

Heladeria Palermo

One of the treats of the older parts of Jesús María is a visit to Heladería Palermo. In a city that abounds with quality icecreameries, Palermo is an institution, drawing people from all over Lima to its doors. And with good reason.

For over sixty years Palermo has been the place to get ice creams made from real fruit and milk. It offers old standbys, like rhum-raisin, strawberry, and Lúcuma all year round, and seasonal favorites, like mango and tuna (prickly pear), when they come available during the summer months.

When I was a kid my parents would take me there, and now, I'm taking my own kids, marking yet another generation in Palermo's long history.


Heladeria Palermo
1/2 block from Plaza San José,
opposite the church,
Jesús María

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they still have tumbo or grape ice cream?

Juancho said...

I didn't see any grape, but I don't think they're in season.

I'm pretty sure they had tumbo, however.